Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Mad Alchemist ( Original Line)

This has been my grandest prize of all! seven 30ml bottles ( The entire original line) of The Mad Alchemist E-Juice.

These juices are available at www.themadalchemist.com .
The Mad Alchemist is a fun company to follow on facebook. They have a great theme to them, a fun fantasy/scientist game along with beautiful labelled bottles, fantastic fantasy witchy poetic write ups before the descriptions. They mailed my juice with a ton of confetti ( my 3 year old loved that... I'm still finding pieces around the house)

The website has beautifully chosen photos for each juice. I am in LOVE with their whole page lay out.....

But, anyone with knowledge of web design an create a beautiful site... Can they create beautiful juice? Let this analysis begin..

All these are a 50pg/50vg at an 18mg Nicotine level.
First up in our Potion cue will be :

 Winters Bite: THIS one won me over very quickly. A crisp and cool menthol with nice vanilla. Neither of these flavours was an over tone or an under tone but a great smooth collaboration between the two. It reminded me of my favourite mouth wash ( I love vanilla mint)with out the icky dental feel to it. This quickly became an all day vape for me. The throat hit is nice and cool, not a menthol burn I've experienced with my other  menthol adventures. Vapour production is nice and thick. You'll definitely feel like you're blowing out winter clouds with this one. A firm 5/5 from me.
 Eye of Newt: I immediately fell in love with this label. But, I tend to have a weakness for green ( and purple... can you guess my favourite colours?)
I was a tad nervous to try this after my distain for Lemon, seeing as this is a lime... however, it's a gorgeous gorgeous blend of lime and cream. VERY Key-limey BUT not so much a keylime pie... It reminded me greatly of a Lemon Merange Pie ( mmm) BUT instead of lemon you used keylimes... Keylime intake with a smooth creamy exhale. I vape this stuff all day long. It is a strong rich flavour with out being overpowering. If your common complaint on juice is " it doesn't really have a flavour" this one will not disapoint you. Vapor production is very nice. I like being able to blow plumes as I exhale. Throat hit is nice. I am in love with this particular juice..5/5 all across the board... I'd even say I'd give it an extra .5 points over my scaling system because it's just pleasantly addicting
 Potion of Spring Blossoms: This one is a melon with light pineapple undertones... However, the melon doesn't come through strongly at all to me. The Pineapple does. Its a very light flavouring, the throat hit is very mild and the vapour production is light as well. Its definitely a light crisp flavour, but over all, did not wow or amaze me. It's pleasant, but not an all day vape for me. 3/5
 Dragons Breath : This one, I was intimidated to try. Its a cinnamon with raspberry.. a Combination I was not sure I was going to like.. I love raspberry... and I love Cinnamon.. But, those two are not things I usually think ' Hey! I bet this would taste Amazeballs together'. I was pleasantly surprised. I have heard through many a grape vine that Cinnamon Juices tend to crack plastic, do I did not even let this stuff touch one of my ce4 clearomizers. I fixed up my Kanger mini protank ( That Pluid ate up one of the seals previously. With the kanger on an ego battery... The vapour production as decent with a nice sharp cinnamon throat hit... However... Variable voltage it up to a 4.4 ( Turns out my ego upgrades do that.. I should read more often) Created a MUCH stronger throat hit and really increase the intense flavour.. how as this flavour? GOOD. The Cinnamon is definitely the strong note.. Very Cinnamon candy.. Reminds me of Hot Tamales' Candies or those Cinnamon Dot things I used to steal out of my mothers baking supplies cupboard... that was a huge hit with me.. You can't tell there is Raspberry so much.. Definitely taste there is something else that mellows the cinnamon out a bit.. But if I didn't KNOW it was raspberry, I never would have guessed it. Enjoy this greatly, though I will say it tends to dry my throat out quickly! That being said, I am willing to have a drink on hand to vape this bad boy. Strong 4/5.
 Fairy Dust : Instant love for the bottle. I'm a Fairy Princess and none of you can convince me otherwise. However, This juice here isn't blowing my mind sadly. Its suppose to be a Melon, Crisp Apple and  Juicy pear... I get more sweet pear taste then anything.... But none of the flavours are strong and have kind of muddled together into a blah juice with a light almost perfumey taste.. the vapour production is very weak-sauce and there is NO throat hit, so you throat hit lovers.. Be warned... If lightly sweet is your thing, this might be for you, as for me, I'll give it a 2.5/5 for it is vapeable but it is a back up " oh crap I ran out of _____" kinda juice.
Number 9 : Aaah! This one made me smile. Love Potion always a good thing to have on hand in case you need a little love! This is another lightly flavoured juice, but I love the taste to it. Raspberry stands out as the main berry in this mixture, although I cannot tell quite what else they used to get the crispness to it. It has a light mellow throat hit, but it is there. This one has a medium vapour production, No billowing clouds but a satisfying amount fills the air upon the exhale. I can't vape this all day long as the flavour tends to mute out the longer I vape it, but I love it from time to time. a good 4/5.

Black of Night : I love chocolate. I mean, if there were a choco-holics annonomous, I'd probably be the chairman... Or the cult leader who got everyone to give up their chocolate so that I could go to my office and scarf it down. However, I've heard mixed things on chocolate vaping.. Some people love it... Others despise it.. But you gotta try everything once right? ( Heck, I tried Lemon twice). My first hit on this.... I couldn't place anything...Second hit I got a mild milky chocolate taste followed by a peanutbutter.. I wanted to love it so bad.. What could be better for a curvy girl then getting her Peanut butter cups with out the calories.. but the third hit ruined it for me. It immediately reminded me of chocolate protein powder ( Which, doesn't taste that great to begin with) that had been put in a frying pan, turned on high and let turn a deep dark black before someone threw some peanuts on top and burnt those up with it. It was gagging... The vapour production was decent, it had a medium throat hit, but I couldn't touch it after the 3rd or 4th hit.. I put it away for a while.. thinking I'd try again, maybe steeping would help mellow it out... nope..  It was the same story.. First hit made me want to love it, and the second I go in for another one I contemplate playing in traffic to get the taste out of my mouth. I am uncertain if maybe they just haven't nailed the art of a chocolate vape yet, or maybe it's just my own taste buds that are ruining this experience for me. I will not be keeping this one in my vape box... ( If anyone wants it, PLEASE let me know haha) Gotta give this one a 1/5... and the whole number score is really me being polite to the fact that maybe it's just me.



With all that being said, I would be more then willing to pay the $16.99 for 30ml again for the Winters Bite or the Eye of Newt, the rest to me, aren't quite wowing enough to pay that price for.


In other news: the Mad Alchemist just came out with 6 ( If I remember correctly) new flavours for the fall season, and hopefully money allowing, I'll get a chance to sample them as well... That Custard one is calling my name I must say..


Until next time lovelies...

Vape Happy..

<3 LividRose

2 comments:

  1. Going by your description, Winter’s Bite and Eye of Newt are definitely must-trys! I would probably go for Dragon’s Breath as well, just to try how strong it is. Plus it has Cinnamon, so that makes it a viable choice automatically. Heh.

    Frankie | Logic Premium E-cigs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The names really fit the Mad Alchemist motif. I took a peek at their site, and I love how they presented their e-potions! The Nevermore looks quite scary! As for the current lineup, I would probably go for Eye of Newt and Number 9 as an alternate. It’s too bad about the Black of Night, though. I have yet to find a good chocolate-flavored liquid to have in my regular stock.

    Madeline @ Nidor Vapor Bar

    ReplyDelete